Friday, December 25, 2020

No Christmas spirit

We officially signed the contract for your apartment two days ago!! We celebrated the way we like best - going to Etto and eating some damn good and cheap pasta. Then we went and got some beer and hot chips.

The next day, I transferred the deposit and then binged Dawson's Creek. We had a massive Christmas Eve dinner with Brendan's dad, and then Brendan and I started watching Midnight Sky (but he fell asleep in the middle of it).

Christmas feels surreal this year because it feels like we're still stuck in April or something. What a strange year! And I feel pretty much zilch Christmas spirit (am I meant to?). In high school, I always spent the last week of school rehearsing carols every day and that really made me more connected to the festivities. Now, I just feel like all that Christmas gift-giving is massively unsustainable and when Brendan switches the TV on for carols (a tradition for him), it just feels like they're marketing Christmas to baby boomers - I am certainly not the target audience.

But I still hope everyone has a great holiday season! 2020 was balls.

No comments:

Post a Comment