Friday, February 5, 2021

Dear beloved readers

I feel like Lady Whistledown about to write a juicy column for the ‘ton. Nah jokes I’m just Alice writing on my blog.

Today was a good day I think. Had a very lovely breakfast at Bowery - I’ve forgotten what it’s like to start your work day already having made some good chats with a close friend. I think that is the right way to start your day because I was pretty upbeat for the rest of it (in contrast to my usual low energy manner). My current manager and I are both naturally low energy people so we’ve been having a lot of check ins that just fizzle out (although I think the nice thing is that neither of us really care), however today was one of those relatively upbeat days where I actually made a joke or two and received a clearly indulgent smile.

Work was pretty social today (doesn’t always happen with a quiet, hardworking crowd), and I had a really nice dinner with Brendan at The Hills with some super smoky, weirdly but nicely savoury nice red wine.

Hope you all have a lovely weekend. I will be watching WandaVision.

1 comment:

  1. I wanted to emoji react ❤️ to this but too bad blogger is still stuck in the interfaces of ten years ago.

    Also I looked it up and The Hills is by the same people who brought us Toorak Cellars!!! Happy days.

    ReplyDelete