Thursday, March 26, 2020

Day whatever in quarantine

Uni is taking a break this week to set up virtual campus, so today I also decided to take a self care day of sorts I guess. I tried to stay away from news and social media because it was getting so depressing. Instead I binged Next in Fashion and then I made Brendan watch The Post with me. It's a nice movie, and I really empathise with Meryl Streep's character even though her arc is very predictable. Still, I just love the look on Tom Hanks' face at the end when he's looking at her with SO MUCH RESPECT, like she's Queeeeeen.

It's hard not to over-think things when you're staying at home everyday without novel stimuli. I'm not sure how I used to do it when I was a teenager, I used to stay in my room and just read for hours. Now I just feel really restless.

Brendan is storming ahead in full BAU mode (now from home!). He says he feels like he's supporting both of us atm (it's true, I was feeling a bit down about the whole thing yesterday), and I asked him how he was finding the load and he was basically like 😰but then just laughed. I guess that sums up where we're at right now.

Brendan's also been playing Final Fantasy X. Every time I see him playing I just yell out "hurry up and make Tidus ask Yuna out already!" because that's basically all I know about the storyline.

Hope everyone else is doing ok! I'm rooting for Daniel and Minju to win Next in Fashion (they're both so lovely!).

4 comments:

  1. yeah I think today it kinda hit me how cooped up we're going to be for the forseeable future and it was quite depressing. at the same time it's a little silly since I know there are lots of things I could do (lots of books I've been meaning to read, stuff to write) but I kind of just don't want to do any of them :/

    ben is taking the whole thing a lot more cheerfully - it's so nice to have someone else around, I can't imagine how hard it would be for people living alone atm ><

    omg final fantasy x is on my list tooooo! still have to finish vii first though :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's a difficult time - I'm glad the two of you are with each other!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ffvi anyone?!

    i think it's hard to not feel a constant pressure to be productive and positive and treat this as an 'opportunity' - which is all fine but at the same time, the reality is that it's a big change and it can be super depressing to be at home all the time esp w all the news etc :( (although tbh i am really struggling with that exact issue of feeling the need to be constantly productive)

    that being said, i'm also hoping to play ffx at some point!

    ReplyDelete
  4. FFVI is the only one I've actually played fully before, yay \o/

    It's encouraging to hear you guys are experiencing similar compulsions (: feeling inspired to take tonight 'off' and do _nothing_ now~

    ReplyDelete