Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Hi internet

Brendan and I went out for a suburban stroll yesterday, last chance before the Government's stage 3 restrictions. There were SO MANY people out and about, but I guess it was everyone's last chance to take a walk in groups of more than 2.

Saw lots of happy dogs. So cute. Does a dog count as a second person?

I also started a free trial of Disney+. If anyone's interested in joining the family, let me know! I'm currently giving it a go - not sure if I'll stick with the monthly/yearly subscription after. Funny that the first thing I tried to watch was Prince Caspian - the beach scene at the start is so lovely 😍. And then of course I remember making my friends go to THAT EXACT BEACH because I like to go to film locations when I travel. (For anyone wondering, it's Cathedral Cove in NZ).

I don't have much to report except that moving back to my parents has been lovely, although this may just be a temporary honeymoon period. Dad actually said last night that the isolation thing's not too bad as it's how he usually lives anyway (I see lots of posts in this vein on r/introverts lol). I hardly see my brother more than once a day - perhaps he's living in a different timezone. If he actually had covid19 I might not even catch it!!

Like any good citizen of a pandemic nation, I am listening to Coronacast most days. Norman Swann just mentioned that tea and honey is his favourite cure for man flu - this is also what I like to drink when I have man flu!!

Brendan and I made some bad coffee this morning and then I spent the rest of it watching some Scott Morrison "Andrew! Andrew!" memes, and now I've got this stuck in my head. Sometimes I burst out singing "Katherine hasn't had a question....", but I have to be mindful that Brendan might be in a conference call.

Actually, it was Brendan who first came to me asking "who's Andrew?" because I hadn't actually watched the press conference that day. And I was like, "...........do you mean Andrew Probyn???"

Other updates that don't deserve their own paragraph:
  • I went through great despair to finish my first macro assignment this semester and did some marathon latex-ing. It's been a while and my type-setting looks a little messed up.
  • Because of the teaching breaks, I'm not really sure what week of uni we're up to.
  • Currently wondering whether my dad might qualify for a JobKeeper payment, as mentioned earlier I advised him to stop teaching 😢
  • I finished watching Next in Fashion and my favourite won!
  • I started a coffee budget this year which I basically completely disregarded because I was shouting people coffee all the time towards my last few weeks at work. It got to the point where I was like "something MASSIVE has to happen for me to be in the black again, like maybe no coffee for 12 weeks." Well, be careful what you wish for because I'm pretty sure I'm headed towards a surplus now.

No comments:

Post a Comment