Wednesday, April 22, 2020

Faffing about

Hi all. Brendan and I have been faffing about as usual. I did get a little bit worried last week about the job market and all, but that's so far away I think I'm better off just chilling for now. I hope everyone's doing alright! I did a survey over the weekend for a study being conducted by Oxford, U of Amsterdam and Coventry U because they needed more Australian respondents. It's a questionnaire about how people are dealing with covid19 and includes questions like 'since covid-19/lockdown I've stopped caring about my appearance'. I actually quite liked some of the questions. It asked how long I've been isolating for/in lockdown and it's been 38 days now!

I too, have been playing a lot of overcooked and almost got tempted to get Animal Crossing (realistically, I don't think I'd actually have enough time to play, between that and masterchef. 😱maybe I should build the masterchef kitchen in Animal Crossing!).

My recent faffing around has included:

  • finally getting round to wrapping my head around HILDA data
  • watching Hilda (lel) on netflix (is Trolberg a city for trolls?)
  • watching Aggretsuko on netflix (Brendan also really likes it). It is a sanrio satire of office life and includes such caricatures as the chauvinistic boss, the suck-up, the office gossip etc.
  • watching The English Game on netflix. At first I laughed because a period sports drama is probably the perfect crossover of Brendan and my tastes, but then we realised there wasn't much soccer to it. Anyway, a good show if you're after some Julian-Fellowes-wholesome-class-struggle (i.e. class appropriation) with some feel-good character development.
  • changing my earrings for the first time ever! It was a bit daunting, one of them went right in, the other was a bit of a struggle and I got a bit stressed but I got there eventually.
  • being asked by someone to form an assignment group and turning them down because I want to do it on my own (idk, this might bite me later).
  • aggressively using my planner (now that I'm at home all day and actually have time to write a million to-do lists that aren't work-related), and decorating it with all those fancy stickers I have from an old, old sticker collection
  • actually hand-writing diary entries in an old diary that I had barely used
  • considering whether or not I should write some good ol' HP fanfic
  • trying to dress up as a character from little women using the skirts, shawls and shirts found among my old clothes (Brendan actually thought the end result was ok!)
  • singing Hairspray songs really loudly (Without Love)

2 comments:

  1. that's a great selection of faffing activities! (fafftivities?)

    I heard good things about Aggretsuko and there's even a tab on my phone open on the wikipedia page so I was intending to watch it at some point (although I've been playing way too much breath of the wild lately so "at some point" might be quite a bit far into the future!)

    also yay for new earrings, how exciting (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am so glad you are liking aggretsuko! :D

    these activities are so calming to read about! thank you. hoping to read some hp fanfic on this blog soon... haha, and hope your ears are ok and coping with earrings!

    ReplyDelete