Monday, May 11, 2020

Sneaky picnic

Yesterday Brendan and I finally tried the chicken at the famous fried chicken place in Mount Waverley. My parents would probably frown at us eating takeaway especially at a time like this, so Brendan and I sneaked out in the late morning to grab it (coast was clear, looked like my parents were staying in for an epic sleep-in), and brought it back to eat it in the backyard on a picnic rug (sun was nice that morning). Dad saw us but didn't say anything (phew) except to put on more clothes if we were eating outside. We made it look like it was Brendan's idea to minimise the chances of being told-off (lol, am I really an adult??!!??!???!). Anyway, lying on our picnic rug outside was so nice! If there are more sunny days we should take our work outside.

I also managed to bake the lemon rosewater chiffon cake I was talking about, although I screwed up a bit because the recipe asked for 2 tablespoons of rosewater and I added 2 tablespoons of rosewater essence (apparently the essence to non-essence ratio is like 1 teaspoon:2 tablespoons). The result was that no one could taste the rosewater anyway so I guess it didn't matter!

And finally...I unlocked a new skill! I know hairdressing salons are open, but we thought why not I just cut Brendan's hair? Actually we made the decision a few weeks ago when the lockdown was a bit more intense, so it made sense not to go out to get a haircut, but then I kept pushing it back and we ended up doing it on the weekend when Brendan's fringe was finally starting to get the better of him. (As a side note: my mum used to cut all of my family's hair, so this didn't seem like such a nOvEl ThInG). Anyway, I'm sorry to say that his hair looks a bit like (gulp) Fantine's when it's all chopped off but still better than the time he came back from the hairdresser's looking almost bald!!! This is possibly a skill I can hone in future lockdowns.

No comments:

Post a Comment