Thursday, May 7, 2020

The Sis

TheSis tImE!

I've gotten into the habit of calling my thesis "The Sis", it kinda sounds like I'm saying "The Sith". Happy May the Fourth for Monday by the way!

I had my thesis presentation this week and just finished catching up with my adviser to go through some of the feedback from that presentation. In a pretty good mood because the presentation itself went alright and most importantly, I've really narrowed down my research question!! Before I was having commitment issues and couldn't decide what exactly I wanted my research question to be. I knew it would be something to do with gender norms in the family - but would I be looking at norms of the parents? Would I be looking at how children's gender norm attitudes form depending on the kind of family environment they're exposed to? How am I going to make it different to other papers I've read? Etc. etc.

Here's the slides that I did - for anyone interested and wants to know what I'm writing about.

In other news, I am five more assessments away from the end of semester! Three of which are already out now so I better get a move on. This semester has gone by quick! Also I made some mac n' cheese today for lunch and Brendan said my pasta was too raw but I said it was proper al dente. We also watched some more Aggretsuko. Don't tell anyone this, but I highly recommended it to some friends and they outdid me and already finished the first two seasons. I'm still finishing season 1 lol. Just finished the episode where Retsuko OWNS her boss in an office party karaoke sing-off.

No comments:

Post a Comment