Saturday, November 28, 2020

Our trip to Daylesford

That's a wrap on my Master's (if I pass all my subjects, which I will find out in December)! On Wednesday morning I did my last take-home exam and then as soon as that was done Brendan and I hit the road to Daylesford. We were originally going to Cairns after exams, but COVID derailed that. So I booked some real bougey accomodation at Lakehouse Daylesford and we stayed there for two nights, in a waterfront suite that had direct access to a communal pool (which was pretty much empty whenever we used it).

I guess I won't go into all the details because that's probably too boring to read, but the last two days were so nice. Our hotel stay included breakfast, and dinner on the first night. Our four-course meal was AMAZING, plus everywhere we sat, wined, or dined had a lake view and it was just so pretty.

Traipsing around the bougey pool, reading/lounging in a deck chair, talking about all the crap Brendan and I talk about (ranges from his job to his hatred of consumer society - which is oddly in conflict with his job), napping in the middle of the day in a huge soft bed, having the most delicious pasta and pizza at Beppe, watching free movies in our room (Bombshell and David Copperfield, which I really liked), having lunch in a cosy outdoor courtyard at Wombat Hill, discovering that Daylesford's entire produce economy is pretty much spearheaded by the family that owns the Lakehouse, and napping on a picnic rug in the Wombat Hill botanic gardens.

So glad I got a chance to get away and we ate SO MUCH FOOD that we probably felt a bit dreadful afterwards but would probably still do it again anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment