Saturday, September 19, 2020

Some reading

 Hi all, a quick blogpost from me! Just some stuff that I read that I thought was really interesting:

  • Yi-ling shared this article with me that I thought was really interesting (and I agree with a lot of it). Of course I'm not marriage-bashing or anything but I do think it makes sense to enter this such olde and noble institution with eyes "unclouded"
  • This article from my beloved HBR about the lack of barriers for incompetent men to become leaders. A lot of the time we focus on how women can become more like men in order to become leaders. But I think that's the wrong starting point because then you miss out on all the ways we could all be more like "women" to be better leaders. Of course, when I say women I mean qualities traditionally described as "feminine". There is still such a thing as a bad female leader.
In other news, Brendan and I finished Aggretsuko (spoiler alert: just get with Haida already!!!) I felt bad for Inui though. Sigh, just goes to show that you can hurt someone by being too passive or just by not knowing what you want. I was sorry for Haida, but there is no innocent person in a love triangle I guess!!

No comments:

Post a Comment