Sunday, October 4, 2020

Time out

Hope everyone's had a nice weekend off! Brendan and I:

  • watched the Artist (he loved it, I was watching it the second time) - there is a very cute dog in it although the cutest dog I've ever seen in a movie is probably Daisy from John Wick but she has a very sad ending
  • did some reading - I finished The Testaments by Margaret Atwood (really quickly!) and Brendan has been reading The Day of the Triffids (a post-apocalyptic story where plants take over the world)
  • got some takeout from Mt Wav chicken and ate it in the backyard on a picnic rug
  • went to the post office to take a new photo for my passport renewal (spoiler alert: my new photo looks just as derp)
  • watched Enola Holmes (Brendan didn't like it that much - but I like any period thing as you know)
  • went out walking more because the weather was so nice!
  • made some grilled cheese sandwiches with mayonnaise spread on the outside because apparently it's a thing (will be doing it again)
  • ordered donuts from Shortstop (!!! SO GOOD)
  • watched Vice while finishing off an old bottle of Bailey's that I'd bought and left at my parents a loooooong time ago
  • started watching Love Life (Brendan is a fan of Anna Kendrick! So am I tbh)
Did anyone else do something nice?

2 comments:

  1. Wow so many things to approve of in one post!!
    Day of the Triffids ♥️🌱
    Shortstop ♥️😋 I think their honey sea salt cruller is my favourite St doughnut ever
    The grilled cheese thing is something I wanna try too!!

    We had a good weekend, I learned my G chord so now I can approximate Mad World~

    ReplyDelete
  2. honey sea salt is my favourite too!!!!! Triffids is great, I have another John Wyndham book on my shelf somewhere that I need to read - I think it's the Midwich Cuckoos. Something about pregnancy.

    Yay! Glad the guitar learning is going well. When will you do a duet lol.

    ReplyDelete